Although pale ale is a staple of the craft beer industry and likely the style responsible for growing the industry in the US from 80 breweries to over 1700, pale ale is many times underrated and under-appreciated, even by yours truly. In my quest to find great session beers (to balance against the super high gravity beers), I decided to get some friends together to have a blind tasting of pale ale. The results of this party culminated in both this story as well as an article I wrote on Menuism.com about American Pale Ale.
- Saison de Wench by @BisonBrew with cheese FTW. So good.... April 13, 2014
- Checked in at Hopwater Distribution April 11, 2014
- Checked in at The Trappist April 4, 2014
- Checked in at Pizzeria Delfina April 2, 2014
- Checked in at Hydro Grill March 24, 2014
- Checked in at Russian River Brewing Company March 24, 2014
- Checked in at Flavor Bistro March 24, 2014
- Checked in at Eureka! Claremont March 19, 2014
- Having a pint at @GoldenRoadBrew. #craftbeer #paleale... March 18, 2014
- Checked in at Golden Road Brewing March 18, 2014
All content and photos are Copyright © 2011 · David D. Jensen. All Rights Reserved.
You must obtain permission to use any photo, text, or content served on this site. If you would like to obtain permission, please contact me. I'm very responsive.
Tags3 star 3.5 star 4 star 4.5 star 21st Amendment amber ale Beach Chalet beer in a can Belgian dark strong ale Belgium California Colorado Deschutes dessert Devils Canyon double IPA Events festivals Firestone-Walker food fruit beer GABF herb spice beer imperial stout IPA Japan Northern California Oregon Oskar Blues pale ale pilsener red ale San Francisco SF Beer Week SF Beer Week 2011 Southern California Speakeasy stout Tasting Notes The Session Thirsty Bear Untappd winter seasonal winter warmer witbier