Although pale ale is a staple of the craft beer industry and likely the style responsible for growing the industry in the US from 80 breweries to over 1700, pale ale is many times underrated and under-appreciated, even by yours truly. In my quest to find great session beers (to balance against the super high gravity beers), I decided to get some friends together to have a blind tasting of pale ale. The results of this party culminated in both this story as well as an article I wrote on Menuism.com about American Pale Ale.
- Jurata Baltic Porter by @CoronadoBrewing and @CigarCityBeer... March 11, 2014
- Old Soul The Sauce by Ruhstaller #craftbeer #beertography Taken... March 6, 2014
- What board game goes best with Heady Topper? Munchkin of course!... March 2, 2014
- Checked in at Curry Up Now February 20, 2014
- Checked in at CatHead's BBQ February 14, 2014
- The Drakes barrel-aged beer menu at Churchill. #sfbeerweek... February 14, 2014
- Flight of barrel-aged @DrakesBrewery beers at @ChurchillSF.... February 14, 2014
- 2014 SF Beer Week Opening Gala February 14, 2014
- My @SneakysBBQ + @OskarBlues “beer dinner” at... February 13, 2014
- The @SneakysBBQ menu at @VinylSF. Everything made w/@OskarBlues... February 13, 2014
All content and photos are Copyright © 2011 · David D. Jensen. All Rights Reserved.
You must obtain permission to use any photo, text, or content served on this site. If you would like to obtain permission, please contact me. I'm very responsive.
Tags3 star 3.5 star 4 star 4.5 star 21st Amendment amber ale Beach Chalet beer in a can Belgian dark strong ale Belgium California Colorado Deschutes dessert Devils Canyon double IPA Events festivals Firestone-Walker food fruit beer GABF herb spice beer imperial stout IPA Japan Northern California Oregon Oskar Blues pale ale pilsener red ale San Francisco SF Beer Week SF Beer Week 2011 Southern California Speakeasy stout Tasting Notes The Session Thirsty Bear Untappd winter seasonal winter warmer witbier