Although pale ale is a staple of the craft beer industry and likely the style responsible for growing the industry in the US from 80 breweries to over 1700, pale ale is many times underrated and under-appreciated, even by yours truly. In my quest to find great session beers (to balance against the super high gravity beers), I decided to get some friends together to have a blind tasting of pale ale. The results of this party culminated in both this story as well as an article I wrote on Menuism.com about American Pale Ale.
- Beer 47 is drinking a Milk Stout by Widmer Brothers Brewing May 25, 2013
- Beer 47 is drinking a Mavericks Rye Pale Ale by Half Moon Bay Brewing Company May 25, 2013
- Beer 47 is drinking a Lemongrass Saison by Maui Brewing Co. May 25, 2013
- Beer 47 is drinking a Tripel Karmeliet by Brouwerij Bosteels May 23, 2013
- Cantillon Saint Lamvinus. #sourbeer #sourale #craftbeer... May 23, 2013
- Beer 47 is drinking a Saint Lamvinus by Brasserie Cantillon May 23, 2013
- Beer 47 is drinking an Anchor Summer Beer by Anchor Brewing Company May 22, 2013
- Beer 47 is drinking a Stigmata Red Rye by 101 North Brewing Company at Caskhouse May 20, 2013
- Beer 47 is drinking a Coedo Shikkoku by Kyodo Shoji Koedo Brewery at Saru Sushi Bar May 20, 2013
- Beer 47 is drinking a Point The Way IPA by Golden Road Brewing May 20, 2013
All content and photos are Copyright © 2011 · David D. Jensen. All Rights Reserved.
You must obtain permission to use any photo, text, or content served on this site. If you would like to obtain permission, please contact me. I'm very responsive.
News about SF BreweriesWidget provided by Spoke
Tags3 star 3.5 star 4 star 4.5 star 21st Amendment AleSmith amber ale Beach Chalet beer in a can Belgian dark strong ale Belgium California Colorado Deschutes dessert Devils Canyon double IPA Events festivals Firestone-Walker food fruit beer GABF herb spice beer imperial stout IPA Japan Northern California Oregon Oskar Blues pale ale pilsener red ale San Francisco SF Beer Week SF Beer Week 2011 Southern California Speakeasy stout summer seasonal The Session Thirsty Bear winter seasonal winter warmer witbier