Welcome to my beer travel log. On this page you’ll find a reverse chronological view of beer places that I have traveled to. If I’ve done a write up on that location, links will be provided.
North Carolina – December 28, 2011 to January 3, 2012
- Raleigh Times, Raleigh – Fantastic beer selection with frequently rotating taps. The food is great too and I always look forward to the pulled pork nachos. The staff is very knowledgeable. Open late and serves food late but it is crowded and loud.
- Busy Bee Cafe in Raleigh
- Tyler’s Restaurant & Taproom in Raleigh
- Big Boss Brewery in Raleigh
- Tasty Bev, Raleigh – A great beer bottle shop with 6 taps of beer that you can enjoy in the shop.
- Lilly’s Pizza, Raleigh – Surprisingly varied list of craft beer bottles for a neighborhood pizza joint. Saw Lost Coast, Bison, Highland, French Broad, and much more.
- Fullsteam Brewery Tavern, Durham
- Bruisin’ Ales, Asheville
- Jack of the Wood, Asheville
- Thirsty Monk, Asheville
- The Wedge Brewery, Asheville
Toronto, Canada – April 22 to 23, 2012
- bar Volo – a fantastic beer bar that is promoting cask beer throughout Toronto bars. While I was there the Cask IPA festival was going on, which was fantastic.
- Steamwhistle Brewing – this is not a craft brewery because their flagship is a adjunct lager but you get a free sample. Although not my favorite style, it’s a touch spicier than most in the category.
- C’est What – a great little beer pub with decent beer and a great collection of Canadian craft breweries.
Paris, France – July 7, 2012
- Au Trappiste – a beer bar with a great Belgian & French beer selection near Notre Dame and Hôtel de Ville.
West Flanders, Belgium – July 8, 2012
- Gauloise – A beer shop, convenience store, and farm just inside the Belgium border off of Frans-Vlaanderenweg. The selection was fantastic and the prices were cheap. Later I found out they had inexpensive bottles of Cantillon here.
- In De Vrede Westvleteren
- Brouwershof Van Eecke
- Saint Bernardus was closed
- De Dolle Brouwers
- Water & Vuur – a restaurant boat near De Dolle in Diksmuide that serves De Dolle beer.